Pages

Sunday, 9 June 2013

Paper Piecing / Needle Book

The sun has been shining here and I'm still on my quest to find nice little hand sewing projects for when I have the chance to enjoy the weather. After getting through 3/4 of my cross stitch it was time to move on to paper pieced hexagons. I think I'm going to turn these into a wide cushion for my bed once I have enough. The fabrics are mostly left over bits from the first quilt that I ever finished, which sits on the bottom of the bed.


I was just chucking all of the bits in a little bag to start with but I was worried about the paper getting scrunched and losing things so I needed a little a case for them. I really wanted to use some of my new stamp fabric so I made a little envelope needle book style holder to keep everything together. It's big enough to slide a small embroidery hoop in the pocket or the hexagons but small enough to just slip in my bag.



I had planned to do some embroidery on the address label but its been so long since I've finished anything that I just wanted to put it all together and get it done. Maybe I'll add a label patch onto it later.




It even had a test outing to Falmouth - it works.


Happy Stitching





7 comments:

  1. Do you have a pattern or a step by step tutorial for me to make this? I would love one for my hexies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for the comment. I don't have a pattern or tutorial yet because I made it on a bit of a whim but I'd be happy to photograph the next one that I make and let you know :)

      Delete
    2. Would love a pattern and tutorial. This is something every quilter would love to have.

      Delete
  2. Oh a tute would be wonderful, it's perfect for taking hand stitching items along, and it's so pretty! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and useful! I would also be interested in a pattern or pictures or a list of supplies. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adorable! I think a tutorial would be wonderful, but I know they take time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me encanta, es precioso.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - I'll respond as soon as I can