Pages

Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Like a tea tray in the sky

A little break from sewing to try something a bit different.
(If you ignore the little quilted mat)


Apologies for the terrible picture quality, that's just how things went today.




I used a mish-mash of things for this little tray: a bit of Cath for inspiration, the outer scallop template from here, then I traced this rose template in the centre of the scallop, and made an impression on the wood to paint inside of by drawing over the template with an ink-less biro. The paints for the flowers were acrylics, I just used a red and mixed it with white for each shade. I thought about varnishing it but I'm happy with it gradually getting that homely worn in look so I'll leave it for now.

I hope you're having a great week,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - I'll respond as soon as I can