Pages

Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Attempts at Crochet

It has literally taken years of perseverance to learn how to crochet but I've now just about got the hang of it (thanks entirely to my lovely friend Amy). I'd previously had varying degrees of success and I use the word 'success' lightly. Well, I'm at least now acquainted with the humble granny square and I have lots of plans for it.

Here are some of my most recent efforts, they're by no means perfect but I can't hold that against them.



I am so happy about my new found hobby. I'm imagining nights snuggled up in front of the fire, film on, tin of roses by my side, crocheting up a full sized blanket of two (should probably try to finish the 9 square cushion that I started first). My to-crochet pinterest list has been growing for ages and I'm determined to attempt some of it :D hurray!


Mmmm.... Wintery coziness 


2 comments:

  1. Hello from Mary @ Patchwork Dreamer, Well done on mastering crochet! My own attempts just recentley have ended in....well lets just say its been put to one side;( Strange as I remember being able to crochet as a child. Love the edging on the bunting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, thanks so much for your comment. It's so strange the things that we forget! Don't lose hope ;).
      I'm far from mastery but it is incredibly satisfying to be able to say I can crochet. Laura

      Delete

Thank you for your comment - I'll respond as soon as I can