Pages

Thursday, 20 March 2014

Olivia's Ripple Blanket


A crochet finish!!

For this baby blanket I started with a foundation chain of 140 +3 and the end size is about 32 x 38".
I don't know how big crib blankets should be but I just kept going until it looked long enough.

(Neat Ripple Pattern from Attic24)


Wool is all Stylecraft Special DK in the colours above.

I probably have about 15-20g of each colour leftover and a tiny bit of the silver, so six balls were plenty to complete a blanket of this size.


I had planned to do a fancy shmancy border with scallops and different colours but after straightening the top and bottom and one round of edging in the silver I was really happy with how it looked and didn't want to risk spoiling it by doing more. As its just a small blanket I think the one row of trebles ties it all together nicely and makes it look definitely finished.


And now its finally ready to be shipped off to my beautiful new baby niece on the other side of the world and I'm a little sad to see it go. But its lovely to think that there will be a little baby putting it to good use, I hope that she'll be cosy and warm wrapped up in it.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy the rest of your week,


15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! I LOVE your color scheme. This is such a beautiful wave pattern. I can't wait to start one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Blanket!! Would you consider sharing the stitching you used to edge off the blanket? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem - to get a straight edge you need to crochet 2 trebles, 2 half trebles, 6 doubles, 2 half trebles, 2 trebles all along the top and bottom. Hope that helps, Laura x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Carolyn, thanks for reading. If you're having trouble with the link you could search for 'neat ripple pattern' on http://attic24.typepad.com
      I hope that helps, Laura

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the yarn colors. What brand of yarn did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's Stylecraft Special DK (a UK brand). It's a great acrylic that washes really well, Laura

      Delete
  5. This blanket is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura hoe groot is deze deken is hij groot genoeg voor een eenpersoon bed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Hi Anneke, I'd say this blanket is toddler size. I'm making one for a single bed at the moment, I started with a foundation chain of 203+2 turning stitches and will just keep going until it's long enough, Laura

      Delete
    2. Sorry, I think it's actually 210 foundation chain

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful color combination. So soft and soothing. Thanks for sharing your lovely work and the helpful tips!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - I'll respond as soon as I can